Enter name, venue, or keyword
|July 2015 Events|
CLICK HERE, TO BOOK TICKETS
The sun is shining, flowers are blooming, the air is warm and spring is in the air!
Join us at the Hart House Farm for a fun and active transplanting workshop, where we will bring our vegetable garden plot and herb gardens back to life for the summer.
Embrace your green thumb and learn how to transfer small vegetable seedlings from indoor pots to large vegetable garden plots in the great outdoors.
We will focus on how to make the plants stay healthy and happy to ensure a good harvest later in the season.
Whether you join us for a nice spring day in the countryside or to learn skills to start your own garden at home, it will be a great day spent outdoors!
The Hart House Farm Committee
at Hart House Farm
10am - Bus departs from Hart House (7 Hart House Circle) (arrive at Farm around 11am)
5pm - Bus departs from the Farm (arrive back at Hart House around 6pm)
Hart House Farm
15911 Creditview Road
a 1 hour drive Northwest of Toronto
This event is open to Students & Hart House Members (who may sponsor up to 2 guests).
Food will not be provided.
Please bring your own snacks and lunch.
Please note that no children under 18 months will be allowed on bus; any young child on the bus must be able to sit up on their own (support their own weight) and have a parent/caregiver sitting beside them.
No pets, please.
CLICK HERE, TO BOOK TICKETS
Special instructions for participants
- Food will not be provided. Please bring your own snacks and lunch.
- There is clean water available that you can fill up your water bottle with.
- Please wear weather-appropriate clothing and shoes that you can be active in and don't mind getting dirty - we will spend a lot of time in the soil!
- Preparing garden plots for transplanting
- Transplanting seedlings from pots to outdoor garden
- Learning about crop rotation
- Learning about healthy plant and garden maintenance
About Hart House Farm
Hart House Farm is a beautiful 150-acre property cradled in the Caledon Hills on the ridge of the Niagara Escarpment, only 1 hour north Toronto. Featuring an outdoor sauna and two swimming ponds.
Driving Directions to Hart House Farm From Downtown Toronto
- Gardiner W to Highway 427
- 427 N to Highway 401
- 401 W to Erin Mills Pkwy/Mississauga Road - Exit 336
- N on Mississauga Road to Olde Baseline Road (24km)
- Right (E) on Olde Baseline Road (1.1 km)
- Left (N) on Creditview Road (Note: Creditview is a dirt/loose gravel road)
- Watch for the HART HOUSE FARM sign on your right (approx 1.7 km). The Farm is down the laneway (approx 0.5km).
- 15911 Creditview Road
Please park in the parking lot below the Farm House.
Contact number for information on Hart House Farm
The Hart House HUB (416) 978-2452
- Hart House Farm Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
Hart House Farm Committee website
Hart House Farm Committee Facebook page